Invoice value correction
Implementation date: January 2020
Company profile: The company is an international producer of steel. It has a few branches worldwide, including in Poland.
Industry characteristics and challenges: The company sales department encounters challenges typical for the activity in this area. Additionally, a problem specific for the steel industry is servicing invoices relating to the purchase of raw materials. In this particular case, the client could correct invoices, where the goods were delivered with delay. In order to correct invoices for delayed goods, it is necessary to verify whether the value of the original invoice and the price of goods on the delivery day are different – if so, the client has the right to the lower price.
The challenge was the number of the client’s invoices to be verified for corrections. Additionally, all invoices were stored in the company’s original IT system, while the corrections should be issued in a popular ERP system, available in the market. Moreover, the scheme of the invoice value calculations was complex – the price of each good is composed of 6 elements available in different price lists.
Selected solution: RoboPlatform with dedicated libraries to service MS Excel and the SAP ERP software.
After the problem was analysed, it was possible to simplify the process of obtaining information on the invoices from the company’s original system, by exporting the data to a file operated by MS Excel. Next, a robot was developed, which can independently find correct price lists, depending on the invoice issue date and the goods delivery date. After the price calculation, the robot decides on the comment, which must be added to the correction in further stages. The second stage of automation was the implementation of the calculated corrections. To this end, nother robot was developed. Based on the data calculated in the first stage, it implements all required changes in the SAP ERP system with a relevant comment and sends all corrections for the approval of the supervisor.
- Acceleration of the process of control of invoice value correctness
- Acceleration of the corrective invoices issuance process
- Acceleration of the receivables collection
- Positive impact on Cashflow
- Avoidance of a human error
- Easily available knowledge concerning the process itself, it is not a domain of one employee anymore
- We work systematically, we are not behind with our tasks and we are confident of our tax matters – we work 3x faster
- The employee who previously did the tasks, now performed by the robot, may now analyse 1% of the difficult cases. We save 80% of time.
- We have reduced the risk of human error, which previously appeared quite often due to the scale – by 99%
- We are not worried about finding a replacement and concentrating the competences in one person